All I need to be entertained are cats within ear-scratching distance and a good book . . .OK, maybe that's not ALL I need, but it's a good start.

I love to read. And I love to get recommendations for books to read.

I started Cats and a Book to share the books I read with others. Some I love, some I don't, but you may love the ones I don't, so you're welcome to post your own comments and suggestions.

To make it easier to purchase books you may read about on the blog, I've linked to Amazon.com through The Cats and a Book Bookstore, which is located on the bottom of this page. Your purchases are fulfilled and handled through Amazon. To assure your privacy, Cats and a Book doesn't handle any of your payment or contact information.

Happy reading!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

When thinking about the changes Octavia could have made to her stories, she wrote, “Here I’d made a choice, and here, and here. It was all butterfly wings and tornadoes: even a slight deviation in any one of those places would be enough to set the whole book on course for a different outcome.” Do you ever consider how your life might be different had you made a choice at crossroads you’ve encountered? What about the tiny decisions you make every day? What is the consequence of weighing or not weighing your options?

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree that there are some decisions that change the course of your life that might not seem that monumental at the time. The impact of those decisions becomes clearer the older (and wiser) you become, but spending too much time weighing your options can have the effect of freezing you into inaction.

    I know I don't need to remind anyone out there of "Back to the Future" or similar movies which show us how dangerous (or maybe advantageous) it can be to travel back in time and make different decisions!

    ReplyDelete