All I need to be entertained are cats within ear-scratching distance and a good book . . .OK, maybe that's not ALL I need, but it's a good start.

I love to read. And I love to get recommendations for books to read.

I started Cats and a Book to share the books I read with others. Some I love, some I don't, but you may love the ones I don't, so you're welcome to post your own comments and suggestions.

To make it easier to purchase books you may read about on the blog, I've linked to Amazon.com through The Cats and a Book Bookstore, which is located on the bottom of this page. Your purchases are fulfilled and handled through Amazon. To assure your privacy, Cats and a Book doesn't handle any of your payment or contact information.

Happy reading!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Book Club Discussion Questions for The Postmistress

If the task for a “postmaster/postmistress” is to deliver the mail, who do you think the author was referring to in the title of her book? Why?




Several of the main characters faced turning points from which they seemed to stray from their core values or beliefs. What happened? Do you think they might have returned to these beliefs in time? Do you know people who have faced situations that drove them to abandon deeply held beliefs?



Did the Postmaster make the right decision to withhold “partial” news? Should the reporter have divulged her knowledge of the doctor’s fate? Are lies OK to protect others? Or to protect ourselves from the truth we find difficult to bear?

No comments:

Post a Comment